We're serious about Compliance and Risk & Safety. No exceptions.
Safety & Compliance Register
Each Owners Corporation has its own Register that detail the many items of Compliance that must be addressed and Best Practice that should be maintained.
The Register include the following items:
- Essential Safety Measures Audit
- Risk & Safety Report
- Fire & Emergency Evacuation Plan
- Maintenance Plan
- Building Valuation
- Audit of Financial Statements
- Cooling Towers
- Roof Anchors
- Back Flow Prevention
The Register is presented to the Committee at each meeting as well as being emailed to all members following any significant update. The aim is for the Committee Members to have peace of mind at all times.
At Fawkner May, taking into consideration the views of the Committee, we take a no nonsense approach to fee recovery.
We follow closely the fee recovery process as outlined in the Owners Corporations Act including appropriate and timely applications to VCAT and / or the Magistrates Court.
Fawkner May's Compliance and Best Practice
At Fawkner May we “practice what we preach” and adhere strictly to the required levels of compliance and best practice. This includes:
- Business Licensing Authority (BLA) / Fawkner May Pty Ltd – Registration No. 853
- Professional Indemnity Insurance / Chubb Insurance Company of Australia Pty Ltd Policy No. 93314725 $5,000,000
- Strata Communities Australia (Victoria) / Full Member
- Owners Corporations Act Legislative Update Service / Full Subscriber
- Subdivision Act Legislative Update Service / Full Subscriber